Do you have an idea for climate mitigation or adaptation in the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT) with the potential to attract private investors? Join the Mobilising More for Climate Tanzania Challenge and submit your idea before 30 September 2018. The best proposal will be granted € 25.000 (TZS 66.5 million) to further develop and implement their business case.
In the SAGCOT, MoMo is promoting inclusive, green agricultural growth to stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship to build a green and inclusive business environment.
How it works
- Drop your business idea that protects or restores ecosystems and mitigates the negative effects of climate change in the SAGCOT Region of Tanzania. Your idea should meet the MoMo criteria. The deadline for submitting your proposal is 30 September 2018.
- The Mobilising More Panel, consisting of financial experts, will assess your business case to determine its viability and the potential to mobilise private investments. The six most promising proposals will be selected to proceed to the finals.
- All proponents of proposals will be notified if they proceed to the finals. Finalists will be offered assistance to pitch their business idea.
- The finalists will present their ideas in Tanzania in front of a live audience of investors. The audience vote for the winning proposal.
- The winner will receive a grant of € 25.000 to further develop and implement their business case with the support of the Mobilising More Tanzania Panel.
About Mobilising More Finance for Climate
MoMo is an initiative from IUCN National Committee of The Netherlands (IUCN NL) and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The aim of MoMo is to guide ideas that have strong potential to positively impact climate change to projects that are ‘investor-ready’.
Mobilising More Finance for Climate Tanzania is held in cooperation with the Royal Dutch Embassy in Tanzania and SAGCOT Centre Ltd. Entrepreneurs, companies and non-governmental organisations are invited to bring forward innovative business proposals that aim to attract private investment for a climate mitigation or adaptation project in Tanzania with a focus on the SAGCOT.